GREENBUSH TOWNSHIP REGULAR BOARD MEETING
1) Supervisor Roddy called meeting to order April 9, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. at the Greenbush Township Hall. One (1) guest was present and joined in the Pledge of Allegiance.
2) ROLL CALL PRESENT ABSENT
Supervisor Ed Roddy
Clerk David Dailey
Treasurer Pat Dailey
Trustee Sally Olin
Trustee Gary Abraham
3) Agenda- Supervisor Roddy- adjust seawall to miscellaneous reports instead of pending business
MOTION TO APPROVE THE AGENDA AS ammended–CLERK Dailey/treas.dailey-ROLL CALL VOTE–ALL AYES–MOTION CARRIED
4) Minutes- Clerk D. Dailey- wait to adjust until clean-up is talked about
5) Public Comments- no comments
6) Financial Report- Treasurer P. Dailey- ACCOA $140.00, interest $.73,restitution $50.00, state revenue share $17,748.00, fire fund $54,701.64, general fund balance $123,672.32, road fund $164,062.55, fire fund $102,944.39,
MOTION TO Accept THE FINANCIAL REPORT AND PLACE ON FILE FOR AUDIT Clerk Dailey/Olin-ROLL CALL VOTE–ALL AYES–MOTION CARRIED
7) Presentation of Bills- Clerk D. Dailey- switching payroll and discussed why multiple checks for some people, presented check #’s 14831-14880 for $19,591.98.
MOTION TO APPROVE THE BILLS AS PRESENTED Treas. Dailey/Olin-ROLL CALL VOTE–ALL AYES–MOTION CARRIED
8) Miscellaneous Reports-
Jim Rudel here to talk about the bid for the seawall, explained the different gauge walls and how that will affect the price, may also use wood that could last 25-30 years w/ maintenance to cap after approx. 15 years wood $60lf foot instead of $80/lf, less maintenance for the steel. Olin questioned payment, explained
Motion to approve installing approx. 151 ft. of steel seawall using either, 7ga, 8ga, or galvanized steel. Olin/Clerk Dailey-ROLL CALL VOTE–ALL AYES–MOTION CARRIED
1. County Commissioner (Brummund)- Region 3 discussed Homeland Security Grant activity and accepted Ausable Valley Emergency Management Services as Agent and Advisor for grants 2011-2012 and will not report until more significant change, LAPC short report, 211 report, WAZB 15,500 ft. addition pending, Sunrise family unit up & running, May 11,2013 Alcona County wide clean up, Equalization report draft submitted, talked of the concerns of Barlow Rd. and how it is shared with Greenbush & Mikado, 911 radios problems are not just Greenbush it is the whole coastal area,
2. Fire Chief (Franks)- zero (0) fire calls, six(6) 1st responder calls, training done last weekend, new air packs will be ready by the end of the month, had to replace sink, faucets,& toilets.
3. Zoning Administrator (Major)- One(1) complaint, one (1) permit, three (3) violation notices, revisited everyone and must talked to attorney Cook again. Holmes-2705 Poor Farm Road is not responding like they have been asked.
4. Hall Rental (Roddy)- 1 request
5. Assessor (Schwickert)- Finished the March board of review, 4 tribunal claims here in Greenbush, Industrial facility paperwork is out and waiting on Lansing answer.
6. GRAC- seawall discussion done, parks look good after winter.
7. Planning Commission- 1st meeting May 2, 2013 Chairman election on agenda
8. Constable (Parent)- no problems, Red Rooster closed, Lakewood Shores will be opening this weekend
1. Supervisor Roddy- invite to MTA on the Road in May in Tawas.
2. Clerk Dailey- reminder MTA chapter meeting is being hosted by Greenbush Township, April 30, 2013 at 7pm at Greenbush Township hall.
3. Miscellaneous- none
10) Pending Business-
A. Sage Tax Abatement Update- done
B. Update on IRS situation- IRS sent a letter with requirements that have to be done back to 2006. Access to the W-2, W-3, 1028 info was granted to Clerk Dailey but was not correct no action can be taken until he receives the correct access. What the CPA did will not help the situation but only make worse according to IRS.
C. Budget Amendment 2012-2013.3- $15,903.81 to the good.
MOTION TO ADOPT THE BUDGET Amendment 2012-2013.3 as presented by Clerk Dailey. TREAS. Dailey/ olin-ROLL CALL VOTE– ALL AYES–MOTION CARRIED
D. Discuss Sea wall- done previously
E. Trash clean up date and bids- trash day date printed in minutes was in error. IT WILL BE 05/04/2013 from 8am – 2pm
Motion to approve the county wide clean up trash day to BE 05/04/2013 from 8am – 2pm. Olin/Treas. Dailey
Looked at bids from Travis Sanitation and Sunrise Disposal
MOTION TO APPROVE TRAVIS SANITATION TO handle the 2013 TOWNSHIP clean up. Clerk Dailey/olin ROLL CALL VOTE – ALL AYES – MOTION CARRIED
MOTION TO ACCEPT THE MINUTES AS AMMENDED-TREAS. DAILEY/OLIN-ALL AYES-MOTION CARRIED
F. Update on IRS- done
G. Update on Pension plan- still trying to get into contact with the correct person.
H. Update on F-65- did receive money back for the finished and submitted paperwork.
I. Update on grounds maintenance bids- 6 reply’s but no bids yet, discussed what needs attention after the winter.
J. Road commission- Jesse Campbell- Cedar Lake Rd. currently in Alcona county is considered an Urban collector for State grant monies but may be changed to rural because of the last census, will report at next meeting with outcome of his meeting on 04/10/2013, Coville Rd-7900 feet of needs to be looked at for single seal coating, Barlow Rd. may have to be shut down to heavy loads due deep frost this year, Timberlakes Estates roads discussion but what has been done is all that their board approved in past fiscal years.
11) New Business- no
12) From the floor-
Major- 1) is Travis Sanitation available on 05/04/13, Clerk Dailey will be checking 04/10/13, 2) much discussion about the problems with the IRS, and Clerk Dailey’s responsibility and compensation to fix past problems
Brummund- 1) questioned GRAC for painters check with trustees, 2) volunteers time to help Clerk Dailey, much discussion,
Parent- 1) discussion over insurance bond to cover the expense of reconciling missing info.
13) Motion to adjourn Clerk Dailey/ Treas. Dailey 9 p.m.-roll call vote all ayes-motion carried
David W. Dailey
Greenbush Township Clerk
NOTE: PUBLISHED PRIOR TO BOARD APPROVAL – NEXT REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING TUESDAY, MAY 14, 2013 @ 7:00 P.M. @ THE GREENBUSH TOWNSHIP HALL