GREENBUSHTOWNSHIP REGULAR BOARD MEETING
1) Supervisor Roddy called meeting to order May 14, 2013 at 7:10 p.m. at the Greenbush Township Hall. Two (2) guests were present and joined in the Pledge of Allegiance.
2) ROLL CALL PRESENT ABSENT
Supervisor Ed Roddy
Clerk David Dailey
Treasurer Pat Dailey
Trustee Sally Olin
Trustee Gary Abraham
3) Agenda- Supervisor Roddy-
MOTION TO APPROVE THE AGENDA AS WRITTEN – _OLIN_ / _ABRAHAM_ ROLL CALL VOTE – ALL AYES – MOTION CARRIED
4) Minutes- Clerk D. Dailey-
MOTION TO APPROVE THE MINUTES _TREASURER DAILEY_ / _CLERK DAILEY__ ALL AYES – MOTION CARRIED
5) Public Comments-
(Roads moved from misc. reports)- Jesse Campbell Reported that- Coville Rd. between F-30 & Wissmiller needs second coat, Timberlakes Estates needs to be addressed, Local streets need to be looked at …Burton done, Cedar Lake Drive, Gruff St. from 23 to dead end, Main St., Cedar St. & Birch Acres Rd., really need to be taken care of this year before they are not savable. Much discussion. Will look into south end of Coville Rd.
6) Financial Report- Treasurer P. Dailey- $379.00 revenue, $98,598.35 in general fund balance, $16,4073.34 road fund, $102,951.15 fire fund, $2,308.48 Prince Rd. $480.72. Newsletter info should be submitted to Treas. Dailey by Memorial Day.
MOTION TO APPROVE THE FINACIAL REPORT AND PLACE ON FILE FOR AUDIT _OLIN_ / _CLERK DAILEY_ – ROLL CALL VOTE – ALL AYES – MOTION CARRIED
7) Presentation of Bills- Clerk D. Dailey- payroll check’s 14888-14899 $4,689.25, and check’s 14868-14887 expenses $20,728.50 for payable total of $25,426.75.
MOTION TO APPROVE THE BILLS AS PRESENTED _OLIN_ / _TREASURER DAILEY_ – ROLL CALL VOTE – ALL AYES – MOTION CARRIED
8) Miscellaneous Reports-
- Constable (Parent)- Red rooster closed, license in escrow, Lakewood Shores Blackshire course opening mother’s day, both party stores have new licenses.
- County Commissioner (Brummund)- Homeland Security gave Alcona County an unused 2010 grant to use, WAFB zoning meeting report, HUNT quarterly meeting shows increase in drug use, Alcona county clean up went well will report totals next month, 2 new positions filled, electronic recycling 1st Sat in August before the Greenbush Township Fire Department BBQ @ ARA site, FFA has maple syrup at the high school.
- Fire Chief (Franks)- 4 (four) fire calls, 13 (thirteen) first responder calls, May 21st sheriff’s dept. & HUNT team training in Mikado, Credit card question, taxes on payroll, trash day review
- Zoning Administrator (Major)- 2 permits, 1 complaint. Meyers report discussion, discussion on letters of response. Banks property will get 1 final letter from Cook, Blaizedail received last chance letter, Giles has default hearing scheduled, Holmes will be rechecked, Olsen property default hearing scheduled. Questions on Poorfarm & F-30 new garage and pole barn- this is being checked out.
- Hall Rental (Roddy)- 1 inquiry
- Assessor (Schwickert)- cleaned out attic, 2 tribunal hearings reported on, discussed new rules.
- GRAC (Olin)- new seawall will be going up after Memorial Day, Jaime & Gerald Chase came to talk and seem to be excited to take care of the parks.
Some discussion on the seawall projects complete price and materials.
- Planning Commission Pam Milwrick is the new chairperson. Discussed the Master Plan plans, and issues to look at pertaining to zoning.
- Supervisor Roddy- MTA Alcona county chapter meeting was held by GreenbushTownship and had good attendance.
- Clerk Dailey- 1) Trash clean up thanks were announced, and concluded it was a success. $341.20 was collected as donations to help with the cost, after misc. small expenses $150.50 was deposited. 2) Alcona Humane Society is hosting a fund raiser Taco dinner Sat. 05/18/13 at St. Anne’s church in Harrisville.
MOTION TO DONATE TO THE ALCONACOUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY THE SAME AMOUNT AS LAST YEAR. OLIN / CLERK DAILEY - ROLL CALL VOTE – ALL AYES – MOTION CARRIED
- Miscellaneous- 1) Airgas bill situation and resolution was talked about.
- Habitat for Humanity garage sale and silent auction will be at ARA site in LincolnSat 06/15/13 & Mon 06/17/13-Thur 06/20/13 from 10-2.
10) Pending Business-
- Seawall- talked previous
- Update on IRS- 2 more letters received, 2012 1st & 2nd quarter not filed. Current 1st 2013 and 2012 4th quarter 941 are good. Discussed the options for past 941’s.
MOTION TO APPROVE CLERK DAVID DAILEY AND DEPUTY CLERK SHANNON STORY TO FIX THE PAST IRS 941 FORMS AT A COST OF $10.00 PER HOUR EACH NOT TO EXCEED $60.00 PERFORM. CLERK DAILEY/ ABRAHAM – roll call vote – all ayes – motion carried
- Pension- paperwork handed out to everyone to fill out to complete pension problems.
11) New Business- road discussion from Jesse Campbell’s report, $114,867.35 proposed, funding is available,
- Coville Rd. for $20,328.00,
- 2 sections of Gruff St./Campbell St./2 sections of Main St./Burton St. for $12,448.00,
- Timberlakes Blvd N. & S., Pinetree Dr., N. & S. Wildwood, Glenn Hollow, Sunset Dr., Oakridge, Woodland Dr. $21,085.41,
- Cedar St./Birch Acres for $10,930.25,
- Wissmiller W. of Coville 5295 feet $50,075.70,
Timberlakes Estates will pay 50/50 for their roads $10,542.70, Residents on Birch Acres will be contacted with the proposal for Birch Acre Rd.
MOTION TO APPROVE ROAD COMMISION PROPOSALS EXCEPT BIRCH ACRES TREASURER DAILEY / CLERK DAILEY – roll call vote – all ayes – motion carried
12) From the floor- 1) question about fee to IRS, is it gone?, explained it is not gone this is what was approved to work on in house by the board tonight. 2) W2 question and discussion, 3) discussion about next years trash collectors
13) Motion to adjourn _ABRAHAM_ / _CLERK DAILEY_ _8:45_ p.m. roll call vote – all ayes – motion carried
David W. Dailey
NOTE: PUBLISHED PRIOR TO BOARD APPROVAL – NEXT REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING TUESDAY, JUNE 11, 2013 @ 7:00 P.M. @ THE GREENBUSH TOWNSHIP HALL