GREENBUSH TOWNSHIP REGULAR BOARD MEETING
1) Supervisor Roddy called meeting to order at 7:00 p.m. at the Greenbush Township Hall. (2) two guests were present and joined in the Pledge of Allegiance.
2) ROLL CALL PRESENT ABSENT
Supervisor Ed Roddy
Clerk David Dailey
Treasurer Pat Dailey
Trustee Sally Olin
Trustee Gary Abraham
3) Agenda- Supervisor Roddy- add snow plowing and ZBA members to new business
Motion to approve the agenda as amended- Clerk Dailey /Treasurer Dailey_ – Olin Absent, all ayes – motion carried
4) Minutes- Clerk D. Dailey-
Motion to approve the minutes as written _Clerk Dailey /Abraham_ – Olin absent, all ayes – motion carried
5) Public Comments- none
6) Financial Report- Treasurer P. Dailey- $ 50,582.12 general fund, $ 127,815.02 road fund, $ 84,843.62 fire fund, $ 27,225.63 Prince Dr., $ 481.25 GRAC, Tax money collection is going well, MTA meeting 6:00 Oct. 28, 2014 at the Greenbush Township Hall
Motion to approve the financial report and place on file for audit _Abraham /Clerk Dailey_ – roll call vote – Olin absent, all ayes – motion carried
7) Presentation of Bills- Clerk D. Dailey- payroll ck’s#15693-15719 $6012.29, bills ck’s#15685-15739 $16,352.79.
Motion to approve the bills as presented Treasurer Dailey /Abraham_ -roll call vote – Olin absent, all ayes – motion carried.
8) Miscellaneous Reports-
- Constable (Parent)- Red Rooster closed and license still in escrow, Lakewood Shores, Cedar Lake Grocery, Lakeside Superette are good.
- County Commissioner (Brummund)- Crafters needed at the Harbortown Market Place contact Sheila 736-6881- $25 per weekend- first come first serve- suites will be discounted for the next couple of months, 2014 budget for the county are being reviewed, MSU Angela Spalding has been hired, No smoking and no dogs within 40 feet of livestock building at the ARA site, 2500 sunfish will be able to be stocked in Cedar Lake, Please vote November 4, 2014.
- Fire Chief (Franks)- 2 fire, 6 first responder, questioned grant reimbursement and mileage charge.
- Zoning Administrator (Major)- Holmes case is complete except court costs.
- Hall Rental (Roddy)- 1 rental, no inquiries.
- Assessor (Schwickert)- absent
- GRAC(Olin)- wrapped up for the winter.
- Planning Commission (Milwrick)- Clerk Dailey reported still meeting 2 times a month and progress is being made.
- Road Commission (Campbell)- no report.
- Supervisor Roddy- none
- Clerk Dailey- Alcona Humane Society raffle tickets, road correspondence.
- Miscellaneous- none
10) Pending Business-
- IRS update- December 11, 2014 Clerk Dailey will be settling.
- Dust Control- road ride around has not been done yet.
11) New Business-
- New Planning Commission Member- Mark Swanson has asked to become a member.
Motion to approve Mark Swanson as a new member to the Planning Commission Treasurer Dailey /Abraham_ -roll call vote – Olin absent, all ayes – motion carried. Oath read and repeated.
- Park Grant Information- pictures of the sign had to be sent in, with board approval Clerk Dailey will send it in.
- Snow removal- stay with the person that had done the snow plowing because he has done for a long time and brought his price down last year.
Motion to approve extending the contract for snow plowing to be 2 years Clerk Dailey / Treasurer Dailey .
- Membership on the ZBA board- Tim Giannetti and Jason Wrusch to be added to the Zoning Board- roll call vote – Olin absent, all ayes – motion carried.
12) Public comment- resident wants people to watch for IRS scam coming over the phone, contact the local police department, IRS will never contact you by phone. Scott road and Ridley road where they dump into, what is the process for returning, Giles residence questioned, please check out the old cement plant on Ridley Road- someone is living there in a trailer, please report all street light outages to Supervisor Roddy and Clerk Dailey with the address that it is in from of.
13) Motion to adjourn _Treasurer Dailey_/Abraham_ at _7:49_ p.m.- roll call vote – all ayes – motion carried
David W. Dailey
Greenbush Township Clerk
Note: Published prior to board approval – Next regular scheduled meeting Tuesday November 11, 2014 at the Greenbush Township Hall