GREENBUSH TOWNSHIP REGULAR BOARD MEETING
1) Supervisor Roddy called meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. on September 10, 2013 at the Greenbush Township Hall. Five (5) guests were present and joined in the Pledge of Allegiance.
2) ROLL CALL PRESENT ABSENT
Supervisor Ed Roddy
Clerk David Dailey
Treasurer Pat Dailey
Trustee Sally Olin
Trustee Gary Abraham
3) Agenda- Supervisor Roddy- 1) Rick Devell from NEMCOG added to the agenda under misc. reports. 2) Prince Drive resolution under pending business. Motion to approve the agenda as amended – Treas. Dailey / Olin – roll call vote – all ayes – motion carried
4) Minutes- Clerk D. Dailey-
Motion to approve the minutes as presented Clerk Dailey / Olin – all ayes – motion carried
5) Public Comments- Thank you from citizen for clearing up the brush on Poor farm. What is being done with Poor Farm Property? Zoning will talk about.
6) Financial Report- Treasurer P. Dailey-will be in office Monday from 9:00-6:00 all day, ck#14965 never made it to Alcona County Review but was cashed so trying to find who cashed. $47,983.75 general fund, $138,469.06 road fund, $82,579.54 fire fund, $ 22,926.78 Prince Dr., $ 480.84 GRAC
Motion to approve the financial report and place on file for audit Abraham / Olin – roll call vote – all ayes – motion carried
7) Presentation of Bills- Clerk D. Dailey- bills ck#15074-15101 $15,518.11, payroll ck#15074-15089 $12,518.11.
Motion to approve the bills as presented Olin / Treas. Dailey – motion to approve the bills as presented – roll call vote – all ayes – motion carried
8) Miscellaneous Reports-
NEMCOG Rick Devell, talking with the planning commission he is proposing a new Master Plan, apply to the Coastal Management for a grant to help cover the cost. This proposal will update natural resources, social economics, goals & objectives, future plans. Suggests that we do a web based survey that is advertised with the tax info with a paper copy available to property owners that do not use on-line services. Proposal $15,500.00 total price, $7,750.00 to the township. Much discussion. Guiding document for the community, cost for NEMCOG membership is $908.00.
Motion to join NEMCOG and pay the membership fee Clerk Dailey / Olin – roll call vote- all ayes – motion carried
- Constable (Parent)- no changes
- County Commissioner (Brummund)- no report.
- Fire Chief (Franks)- 2 fire calls, 13 first responder calls, discussion about the pagers.
- Zoning Administrator (Major)- 2 permits, 1 complaint, 1) Giles property, default was issued and nothing further has happened, 2) Greathouse property has been resolved, 3) Holmes property has been returned to Attorney Cook, 4) Olsen property was asked to be dismissed by Attorney Cook because it has been bought by someone new. Resident with concerns asked how long does this continue with property on Poorfarm Road and Sal Road? Much discussion about the procedures, and fees or citations.
- Hall Rental (Roddy)- 1 rental
- Assessor (Schwickert)- 1) no tribunal changes, 2) attended a meeting with Peter Pettalia about commercial taxes, 3) CountySales study will be done in September.
- GRAC- seawall will be going up in about 2 weeks, sign has been placed to remind residents to clean up after their pets.
- Planning Commission (Milwrick)-
- Road Commission (Campbell)- signed a Poor Farm Rd. between Wissmiller Rd. and County line has some concerns.
- Supervisor Roddy- planning commission info for a later time.
- Clerk Dailey- 1) letter from Dept. of Treasury stating that the Sage resolution 2013-01 was missing a clause.
Resolution 2013-01 Revised
Motion of a regular meeting of the Township Board of the Township of Greenbush, County of Alcona, Michigan, held at the Greenbush Township Hall on February 5th, 2013, at 7:00 p.m. prevailing local time. Present members- Ed Roddy, David Dailey, Pat Dailey, Gary Abraham. Absent members- none. The following preamble and resolution were offered by member Treasurer Dailey, supported by member Clerk Dailey. Whereas, Public Act (PA) 198 of 1974 as amended allows a governing body to establish an Industrial Development District. Whereas, a request to establish an Industrial Development District was made to this Township Board on August 2, 2011. Whereas, the required Public Hearing was held on February 5, 2013. Whereas the aggregate SEV of real and personal property exempt from ad valorem taxes within the Township of Greenbush, after granting this certificate, will not exceed 5% of an amount equal to the sum of the SEV of the unit, plus the SEV of personal and real property thus exempted. Township Board Resolution. Now therefore it be resolved that: The Township of Greenbush does hereby establish an Industrial Development District For the SE ¼ of SE ¼ of Section 31, Town 25 North Range 9 East
Motion to approve the amended Resolution 2013-01 revised Treas. Dailey / Clerk Dailey – roll call vote – all ayes- motion carried
2) Received correspondence stating that the wording was not clear for the Cedar Lake Special Assessment.
Motion for the Cedar Lake Special Assessment for Cedar Lake Association be worded $150.00 per year per parcel Treas. Dailey / Olin- roll call vote- all ayes- motion carried.
Resident voiced that he has never had weed control done near his property, Roddy told him to come to the next meeting on Sept. 17th, 2013 at 10:00 am. 3) Request from Bob Tate to get the Michigan State Extension Office magazine.
Motion to approve the magazine subscription for ZBA members, Planning Commission members, Supervisor Roddy, roll call vote- all ayes- motion carried
- Miscellaneous- none
10) Pending Business-
- Update on IRS situation- 1) read a letter from the IRS that states that they need a 45 day extension to finish reviewing the information that they have. 2) received a separate letter stating a new unpaid balance for December 2006.
- Prince Drive update- Greenbush Township Resolution 2013-03 Minutes of the Regular Meeting of the Township of Greenbush, County of Alcona, Michigan, held at the Greenbush Township Hall on September 10th, 2013, at 7:00 p.m. prevailing local time. Present members: Sara Olin, David Dailey, Ed Roddy, Patricia Dailey, Gary Abraham Absent members: none The following preamble and resolution were offered by David Dailey, supported by Patricia Dailey Whereas, on September 10th, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. the Greenbush Township Board Public Hearing was held for the purpose of receiving testimony and discussing the creation of a five year special assessment district for the maintenance and improvement of Prince Drive. Now therefore it be resolved that: The Township of Greenbush authorizes the establishment of a five year special assessment district as confirmed at the Public Hearing for the maintenance and improvement of Prince Drive. Resolution Declared Adopted.
- Seawall update- discussed under GRAC report
11) New Business-
- Establish Election Committee- Clerk Dailey, Supervisor Roddy, and Treasurer Dailey set September 25th, at 7:00 p.m. at the Greenbush Township Hall to have the meeting.
- CedarLake special assessment- done under correspondence
- Resolution Change- done under correspondence
- Discussion with Rep from NEMCOG- done first under miscellaneous reports
12) From the floor- 1) ZBA keeps 3 sets of books, would like to be able to turn over to Clerk Dailey. Key handed to Clerk Dailey. 2) Questioned why 3 lights have not been replaced that were reported, Roddy will call DTE, Clerk Dailey will investigate. 3) Can IRS fees be turned around or charged elsewhere?
13) Motion to adjourn 8:36 p.m. Clerk Dailey / Treas. Dailey - roll call vote- all ayes- motion carried
David W. Dailey
NOTE: PUBLISHED PRIOR TO BOARD APPROVAL – NEXT REGULAR SCHEDULED MEETING TUESDAY OCTOBER 7, 2013 @ 7:00 P.M. @ THE GREENBUSH TOWNSHIP HALL