GROUNDSKEEPER JOB DESCRIPTION AND DUTIES
INSURANCE: Contractor must file with the township clerk proof of workmen’s compensation insurance that is in force for all employees of the company while working on township property. Contractor to also show proof of liability insurance every year.
This description is divided into five sections, you must bid on the total group.
I. CEDAR LAKE PARK: – OPEN Memorial Day and Close after Labor Day.
- Open gate by 9:00 A.M. – close and lock at dusk.
- Changing Room – Clean by sweeping or washing out as required by condition.
- Clean portable toilets daily.
- Clean out barbecue grills as needed.
- Police area for broken glass, cigarette butts, etc., as needed.
- Empty trash containers as needed.
- Spring clean up includes, but not limited to, removal of all leaves, limbs, trash, etc. No burning allowed in the park.
- You are to paint changing rooms as required. Inside and outside, same colors as of now.
- Any repairs to the building must be done on a regular basis. This includes, but not limited to, keeping gender signs on doorways and entranceway.
- Timber lined walkway kept neat and orderly.
- Repair any picnic tables that are in need of repair.
- Water safety buoys to be kept anchored as required and kept upright as lake level fluctuates. Handle buoys with care, as they are expensive.
- Install steel steps to beach.
- Store all items in changing rooms after season is over. Padlock doors and cover window openings.
REMEMBER – - WHAT GOES IN IN THE SPRING MUST COME OUT IN THE FALL
DO ANY OTHER ITEMS THAT COMMON SENSE WOULD INDICATE NEEDS DOING.
OUR GOAL IS A CLEAN, TIDY, CONVENIENT PARK FOR OUR TOWNSHIP RESIDENTS
II. RIDLEY ROAD PARK:
- Clean all six (6) toilets. This requires sweeping, mopping, disinfecting interior including toilet seats and jumpers.
- Pavilion swept, clean sink, tables, etc.
- Empty all trash containers as needed.
- Empty all barbecue grills as needed.
- Sweep or blow out bleacher slabs as needed.
- Check entire park for items that need repair or have been vandalized. This includes signs, toilets, fences, gates, swings, playground equipment, etc. Report vandalism to sheriff department and to supervisor.
- Repair all broken tables and keep repaired as needed.
- Assemble any tables or equipment stored in D.P.W.Building
- Replace and/or repair and paint road marker poles.
- Mow grass in entire park to keep it 1 ½ to 2 ½ inches.
- Do not burn in park, leaves, limbs, etc.- – to be hauled away.
- Police up nature trail and keep it mowed the entire length.
- All six (6) toilets must be kept in repair. This may require shortening doors, installing springs, hookeyes, roof panels, screens, privacy fences, etc. Install six (6) new toilet seats.
- Dugouts may need roof repair, seat, painting, whatever common sense indicates.
- Bleacher seats (planks) must be repaired on a regular basis. (NOT LET GO UNTIL A BUNCH NEED FIXING.)
- Repair playground equipment as needed.
- Report these type of repairs to G.R.A.C. chairperson, to be determined by chairperson if additional compensation necessary.
CONTRACTOR IS TO SUPPLY CLEANING MATERIALS, INCLUDING (BUT NOT LIMITED TO) SOAPS, DISINFECTANTS, TOILET PAPER, FUEL, ETC.
TOWNSHIP WILL SUPPLY REPAIR MATERIALS, INCLUDING PAINT. CONTRACTOR IS TO NOTIFY G.R.A.C. CHAIRPERSON OF THEIR NEEDS.
ENTIRE PARK IS TO BE KEPT IN TIP TOP SHAPE FOR THE ENJOYMENT OF OUR PEOPLE.
III.TOWNSHIP HALL, FIRE DEPARTMENT and the SWARTZ HOUSE
- Police up entire area for trash, etc. as needed.
- Mow grass as required, 1 ½ to 2 ½ inches.
- Trim area where cutting.
- Trim shrubs as needed.
- Water plants that need it.
- Keep pavilion clean and in repair
- Report any vandalism or repairs to supervisor.
- Mow grass around building and trim it up.
- Sweep approaches.
V. FALL CLEAN UP
- Clean up at park for winter- winterize as necessary.
- Leaves and debris to be removed - no burning.
- Township hall and fire hall and D.P.W. building grounds to be cleaned up and prepared for winter as needed.
BIDS TO BE SUBMITTED TO THE TOWNSHIP CLERK BY MAY 6, 2014 AT PO. BOX 9 GREENBUSH, MICHIGAN 48738 OR IN PERSON AT 3843 S. US 23 GREENBUSH
If you have any Questions on the above please contact :
David W. Dailey
Greenbush Twp. Clerk
PO Box 9
Greenbush Mi. 48738